This guide will show you how to unstake your Liquidity Pool (LP) tokens from both the Farm and Pools back into xTokens without any hassle.
- You will need to create an account and complete verification
- You will need to choose at least a pair of tokens from either the Farms or Liquidity Pool that you would like to unstake.
- Key Terms
- xTokens: Crypto that is wrapped in Proton (XPR).
- Liquidity Pool (LP) Token: It is a pair of applicable xTokens that can be added or removed from both the Pools and Farms.
ℹ️ If you would like to remove your LP tokens from BOTH the Farms and Pools, you will need to unstake the LP tokens from the 'Farms' tab first and then perform the same steps to unstake from the 'Pools' tab.
- In Proton Swap, on the 'Farms' tab (www.protonswap.com/farms) find the liquidity pair you want to unstake and click on it.
- Adjust your "Stake LP token" slider down as much as you need to, and press Confirm.
- To remove your entire LP stake from the Farm: slide the bar all the way to 0%. These LP tokens will appear and be available under the 'Pools' tab.
- To remove a percentage of your LP stake from the Farm: slide the bar to your new desired percentage. The LP token percentage you've removed from the Farms will appear under the 'Pools' tab.
ℹ️ Not all Liquidity Pool (LP) token pairs you have created under the 'Pools' tab can be seen under the 'Farm' tab, which means that pair does not support Farming. If you do not see an LP pair that you are trying to remove under Farming or aren't Farming at all, please skip to "Liquidity Pool (LP)" below.
Liquidity Pool (LP):
- If after unstaking your LP tokens from Farming, you want your liquid assets back, head to the Pools tab (www.protonswap.com/pools)
- Find the pool you added funds to and adjust that slider down as much as you need, and press Adjust.
- Your tokens are now returned to you.
ℹ️ Due to the nature of impermanent loss, you may not receive back 100% of the tokens you initially added to the liquidity pool. This doesn't mean you lost money, as this typically happens when the market prices rise compared to when you added to the liquidity pool. Please contact us if you have more questions about this.
You have now successfully removed your LP tokens from either or both the Farms or Pools. But you can always add back to them whenever you want to!
Now that you have your xTokens back, did you know there are still ways to earn interest on them?
- Click here to learn how to deposit your xTokens as Collateral on Proton LOAN
- Click here to learn how to stake your XPR in the WebAuth.com Wallet
- Click here to learn how to swap your xTokens for another crypto
Change your mind and want to add LP pairs back into a Pool or Farm?
- Click here to learn how to add xTokens to a Liquidity Pool
- Click here to learn how to add an LP pair to a Farm
If you have any questions about this guide or just want to say “Hi”, you can always reach us with the Help button on the bottom right side of your screen. Also be sure to follow our Client Services+ Help Center on Twitter (@MetalHelpsMe) to stay up to date and learn how to get the most out of your Proton experience!