This article will outline how to register all of your Proton accounts under one Proton account via the WebAuth website, providing you with another option to connect your wallet and authorize transactions within the Proton ecosystem.
⚠️ You should only add Proton accounts that you own and no one else's. To keep your account secure, never share your Proton account credentials, Mnemonic Phrases or Private Keys with anyone else for any reason.
Let's Get Started
- Go to WebAuth.com/login via your web browser
- Log in to your Proton account
- Option 1: type in your Proton username (the '@' is pre-filled)
- Option 2: click the 'log in with mobile wallet' and scan the QR code either through your WebAuth or Anchor wallet
- Go to the 'Mnemonic' section in the upper-left corner and it will prompt you to enter the 12-word Mnemonic Phrase that you saved and backed up when first creating your Proton account
- The Mnemonic Phrase is given to new accounts created on WebAuth; older Proton accounts were given a Private Key.
- If you only have a Private Key, you can also enter it in the Mnemonic Phrase field
- Click 'Recover' and it will reveal your Public and Private Keys associated with your account
- If you haven't already, we strongly recommend you save and secure that Private Key. Click here to learn some best practices on securing your WebAuth.com account.
- Click the Account dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the page to see your active account(s):
- To add more Proton accounts, you will need to log in to your other accounts and repeat all the steps above
You should now see your accounts(s) added/registered on WebAuth.com by clicking the Account dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the page and can now use this option to authorize transactions anywhere on Proton without needing your WebAuth.com mobile app!
When connecting your wallet anywhere in the Proton ecosystem, you can now choose the 'Web Wallet' option to connect your Proton account!